Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweet Success

Yesterday PJ and I left for TygerVallei (the mall) with a few clear missions—24 hours later, all have been successful.

Visited a Bureau de Change and finally converted my dollars to SA rand. With that rand I was able to get a decent Nokia cell phone (for about $25 USD) and some airtime. Also purchased a USB modem for Internet at home, which came with a package of 100 MBs per month for one year. Picked up shampoo, face powder, and lunch to boot.

Installing the modem was a bit of s struggle, so this morning, Peej and I were back at the Vodacom store. But it works now, hooray! And PJ impressed the techie guys with his collection of movies, music and TV shows on this removable hard drive. That nerd.

Now I can get the rest of my pics off my camera!

rain4
More rain at the gate to the backyard.

rain5
This sky is NEVER cloudy. Or, almost never.

rain6
PJ’s backyard.

rain7
I just love the sound of raindrops on a tin roof (carport).

I think I’m at the start of a lucky streak. Maybe campus won’t be such a nightmare tomorrow…

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a blog! Yay for updates! Loving your adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete