Thursday, March 3, 2011

This is Rondebosch

Last week I took an old 35 mm camera around with me. While I am loving the clarity of my new-used digital camera, I still find film fun. The pictures aren’t always perfect, but sometimes I think they capture the mood or atmosphere of a day in an uncanny way.

Rondebosch is at the foot of the mountain, just at the end of the UCT campus. Many of the businesses cater to student needs, and some I haunt some or all of the town’s cafes every day.

rondebosch1
Lovers Walk Road. But if you ask me, the steep hills leading to campus, and the infuriating bureaucracy on campus, probably make Lovers Quarrel Road a more appropriate name, HIYO.
Walk to the Rondebosch train station after class:
rondebosch2
rondebosch3
rondebosch4
On the walk we pass the pretty little Rondebosch Public Library.

rondebosch5
rondebosch6
Outside the lecture hall where all Social Development classes are held.

I am obsessed with this rustic old church and its centuries-old cemetery:
rondebosch7
rondebosch8
rondebosch9
rondeboschten

No comments:

Post a Comment