Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Recreational Reading Room Strikes Back

I'm more impressed with this pic than I thought I would be. Originally I just wanted the painting of the treebranches, but now that I see it again, I love the reflection of the mountain in the windows!
I suppose it was inevitable that while I spent time in Main Library researching Social Exclusion Theory and trying to work out the ways it applies to the individuals I've interviewed as well as larger communities when compared to society at large, I would get sucked into the Recreational Reading Room.

I tell myself I have balance--I'll check out three for-funsies novels and three academic books at one time. This week my diversions are:
White Teeth by Zadie Smith
Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, and
Factotum by Charles Bukowski

And, well, you can check out DVDs from the library, too. PJ had never seen The Princess Bride, which is a TRAVESTY, so I had to rent that. Obviously.

I've been having the same conversation with PJ for four-and-a-half years, and now the vicious cycle can stop.

Me: Let's rent "The Princess Bride."
PJ: But you hate Ann Hathaway!
Me: No, no, that's the "Diaries" one.
PJ: What's the difference?
Me: INCONCEIVABLE!

Cycle. Broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment