Monday, July 18, 2011

Bright New Beginning

The teeny-tiny studio I live in has had a problem with mold. It's unfortunate, not to mention gross, but finally this weekend some action was taken.

Phase 1: Bathroom fan installed.
Phase 2: Scrub all walls.
Phase 3: Fresh coat of paint.
Phase 4: Two coats of (strong and smelly) sealant

The place looks brand-spanking new! So bright! Yay!

It did mean that my entire Saturday and Sunday were spent waiting around with/for the guys who did all the work. It was absolutely worth it, and I'd do it all over again. But I'm sort of in a daze that the weekend is over--I spent it moving stuff in and out of rooms, looking and unlocking the front gate, helping to locate extension cords, water jugs, and other odds and ends.

One bright side was that having to let the workers in made me get up in time to see the sun rise three days in a row.

Day One:


Day Two:


And to be honest, there are worse ways of spending a weekend. The weather was divine, so I could sit in the sun with a book, nap on a lounge chair, pilfer lemons off the tree in the yard. And truth be told, I enjoyed the company!

Photo by Peter-Jon Grove
Photo by Peter-Jon Grove
Photo by Peter-Jon Grove

No comments:

Post a Comment