Sunday, July 31, 2011

I Love Coffee Festival

What a great weekend! I'm sitting in a computer lab on campus now, trying to organize some thoughts for the research report. But I feel great about life, so let the work begin!


Friday I stopped by a church clothing sale to scope out the bargains. All the items I found were R 5, or less than a dollar, so I felt on top of my game. Wait, how do you all feel about harem pants? Because Cape Town is making them happen and I let my defenses down. Maybe I will only ever wear them here...

From there I wrote up some notes on a book for my research at a campus library, and for a treat I took myself to coffee. I hope Dad Eppinger is reading this, because: a week or so ago I saw a coupon in my community paper for a free Americano at a cafe I'd never heard of. I clipped that coupon and did some exploring, eventually discovering EAT cafe in the Gardens. I did not take my camera along, unfortunately, but it was a bright and cozy afternoon. Went home to do homework, boo.


Saturday Allison and I were determined to try a good brew at the I Love Coffee Festival. It was at the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock, which I was only marginally familiar with. I can't believe I'd never been there before! It's a huge outdoor shopping mall and farmers market, and if there is one thing I love, it is artisan food. I loved to look around...











The foodie area, or the Neighbour Goods Market, hosted the coffee fest. But before we get to coffee, drool over some of these munchies:

















No comments:

Post a Comment