Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Campus is for... Camping?

This thermos, which entered my life because of Dig-N-Save in Madison, is probably hunting gear. I'm a vegetarian. Whoops.

I have only night class again this semester, which is a blessing and a curse. It is great to not have to be anywhere until 4:30 p.m., but I do actually enjoy being a day-walker and getting work done before the sun sets.

While I live pretty close to the downtown Cape Town campus of UCT, it's still a bit of a hike to get to Upper Campus in Rondebosch, via the free Jammie shuttles. So I like to get on Upper Campus in the morning, and work on the Sisyphean task that is the research report until classes start. (First draft due in 10 days--it's the final countdown!) I can expect to get home sometime around 7 or 8 p.m., maybe cook some food, and fall into a coma of sleep.

This means I spend a lot of time out in the world--which can get expensive if I'm not home for two meals a day. So I am playing a sport I call Xtreme Brown-Bagging. As I packed food this morning, pictured above, I got excited because it looks like camping gear! Alas, I'll be in a computer lab all day...

Also, I just signed on for a part-time job. So my days are about to get longer--let the camping begin!

2 comments:

  1. hehe.. camper! Whats in the hunting themed receptacle??

    ReplyDelete