Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Braai

I'm having another brutal week at school with two paper deadlines back-to-back coming up, and my mellow day on Sunday seems so far away...

But at least PJ and I could fill up on good food and conversation to sustain us for battle. We reconnected with my family friends near Blouberg for a braai and could really relax for a change. There is nothing like a competitive game of Duck-Duck-Goose to unwind on a Sunday evening...


The event was a joint baby shower and anniversary party. Lots to celebrate!




THIS is what a braai fire is supposed to look like.




I love the look of a potjie (the metal pot filled with stew):



Spent yesterday writing two papers at once--both my classes have deadlines this week. I feel very far away from that braai pit right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment