Thursday, September 27, 2012

Room for Creativity?



Life is busy! I work at all times of the day, every day of the week. Phew!

Don't get me wrong, I feel so lucky that I get paid (a not-quite-living-wage) to dig into urban gardening and lead craft projects for kids and do other fun community work. These things are great creative outlets, but I finding myself wishing for more time for more creativity.

I have the last two issues of Poets & Writers magazine stacked up in my room, but I haven't had the time to read them. The writers group I started hasn't met since July. (And next week is OCTOBER?!?) I have fabric, I have elastic, but I haven't had the time to make more skirts. And so on.

I've been reading the same two books all summer, and sometimes I pick up a third. A friend lent me her copy of The Deep End of the Ocean, and I was surprised to find that it's set in Madison, WI. MY FAVORITE CITY! It's an emotionally draining read, though, and it doesn't exactly help me fall asleep... But it is beautiful.

Sigh. Time to start a long day--nonprofit gig, then co-op grocery store, back-to-back!

No comments:

Post a Comment