Saturday, April 13, 2013

On the Road

The driving force in my life is the search for adventure.

I don't really care about money, I definitely don't care about power, and I sometimes feel like the only straight woman on Earth who isn't obsessively planning a dream wedding/home/future babies.

All I want is to try new things, see new things, and talk to interesting people.

In the beginning of the week I visited a friend at the charming Van Gogh's Ear Cafe in Union, NJ.



It was an oddly warm night, and I hadn't been wearing a winter coat for days. It felt so good to listen to live music and be surrounded by the bustle of a busy cafe. It was the perfect atmosphere to catch up on life, the future of literature/digitizing writing, the struggle to persevere in the face of crippling student loans, and overall awesomeness. It was refreshing!

The week went on, the warm weather was replaced by thunderstorms, and I needed a break!

My rainy Friday started out calmly enough. I felt like a kid in a candy store for a public library book sale.


I picked up five novels for $3. Can't beat that with a stick!

I only got to rest and read for a little while before the night truly began....

No comments:

Post a Comment