Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day, Family Time

Happy Father's Day to you and your family!

Yesterday the six Epps + Timmy participated in the Run for Dad in Mercer County Park. Proceeds from the race benefit research for, and patients struggling with, prostate cancer.



It was an overcast day but not rainy--so it was perfect.



I'd never been to the park before, but now I definitely want to go back.


I did the 2-mile walk instead of the 5 K run. The trail was narrow and there were lots of young families with strollers--and I considered this a great thing to see. I don't walk competitively, so I wasn't worried about my time. I just liked being outside and discovering a new park. And it is so important that families get out an exercise together, so I was happy to see so many.




But the other members of my family are pretty regular runners, so I met them at the finish line.




It was nice to get some time outdoors in--before 11 a.m.

We spent the rest of the afternoon catching up with my dad's side of the family.


I think this is four generations right here:



Then more food, family, and CAKE.



1 comment: