Sunday, August 11, 2013

Xana-what? Xana-who?

Yesterday I felt like I was living a Summer's Greatest Hits CD.

First stop: County fair. For work. I didn't actually get to hang out at the fair grounds because I had errands to run for my office's display/fund raising table.




But I did enjoy one thing.

This right here is a S'More poptart, dipped in batter and deep fried. Nom nom nommmmm:


Had to pick up volunteers from New Brunswick's Jazz in the Park. So happy that free arts events exist in this city!

I also had plans to see a Play in the Park in Edison, NJ. The arena is lovely, and I recommend checking it out.

I missed the first scene because I always have to be in two places at once, wah wah wah, but I got caught up to speed fast enough.

I didn't know what I was going in to see--I thought this was going to be about outer space.

So what was it about? What is Xanadu?

I'm still not sure.

Roller skates were involved.




Love happened:



Characters had to decide if it was better to make money or support the arts:



Something something Ancient Greece versus Modern Times (with modern times being 1980s Orange County, CA):



What I am sure of is that is was a silly time, the actors on stage seemed to be having a blast, and all my friends in lawn chairs consistently laughed out loud.



My favorite part of the night was when the audience was told to whip our their glowsticks for the closing number. My friends did, of course, and they'd even gotten one for me.

Thanks, guys. I smiled the whole time:



Rounded out the night with my crew, drinking white wine and watching Sixteen Candles. I still say Jake Ryan is a babe, but most of us have grown up to think he's a little boring. Oily variety bohunks for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment