Sunday, November 24, 2013

Intergalactic Planetary (Bowling)

Pizza and bowling was a staple of my childhood. It usually signaled a classmate's birthday party.

Last night I learned that the experience is just as magical as an adult. Plus, now they serve us beerz.

It was also my pleasure to discover that Cosmic Bowling is still alive. As far as I can tell, this phenomenon began in the 1990s... and it's still kicking.

What is Cosmic Bowling? I'm not sure. It involves dimming the lights, blasting Top 40 Music Videos (used to be N'SYNC. Nowadays it's Miley Cyrus), lighting up a disco ball or two, and charging an extra $5 for the privilege.

Well, this particular alley called this experience Galactic Bowling. It felt cosmic to me:




Today I took an excursion to downtown Westfield, NJ, a quaint little strip with lots to explore.

I highly recommend Ahrre's Coffee Roastery. No indoor seating, but they roast the beans on site and have beans from all over the world. Pretty dope.

Westfield was beautiful, but it was a frigid day so walking around was painful. It was easier to duck into a boutique and drool over beautiful notebooks or dresses or scarves.


Cozy scene in Bovella's Pastry Shoppe

Bovella's Pastry Shoppe

Bovella's Pastry Shoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment