Tuesday, December 31, 2013

4 Chicks With Chocolate



I spent New Year's Eve Eve with some of my all-time favorite ladies from high school, tasting various chocolates.

We went in on a GroupOn for a tasting at one location of 2 Chicks with Chocolate, a delightful local business run by a mother-daughter team.




Dark, Milk, White Chocolate. From Latin American growers, to Ghanean growers.


We all were in for a bit of a shock when we bit into our first sample--100% cacao. It was bitter like Baker's chocolate, but one member of my group didn't bat an eye!


I think I already knew that you can't go wrong pairing most chocolate with red wine. But it was fun to learn that white chocolate and white wine work well together!

And here it is, what all the fuss is all about: A cacao pod, filled with beans, which get roasted into cocoa.

Appetizing.




At the end of the evening, the class made our own treats. Things got a bit messy...



Even shopping around the storefront was a delight. SO. MANY. TREATS.



And for the New Year, SPARKLE CHOCOLATES WITH EDIBLE GLITTER:


The night ended with another of my favorite pairings: beer and french fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment