Sunday, December 1, 2013

Wine Trail Weekend


Today I learned that there are more than 40 wineries in New Jersey. While I didn't visit them all, I did participate in NJ Wine Trail Weekend. First stop: Laurita Winery.

We got lucky with a clear, 50-degree day and arrived just in time for a wagon tour of the wine estate.





Grandma and I warm up by the fire.
The restaurant and shops at Laurita were rustic and warm. I'd like to sit here with a glass of wine and a book!



Next stop: Cream Ridge Winery in Allentown, NJ.


This winery bottles some unusual flavors--like java berry, and pineapple wine. I enjoyed them both!


Final Destination: Working Dog Winery. This was the only place we had to pay to get in, but $5 got us six samples each, plus snacks and live music... and somehow, I ended up with eight or nine sample tickets. I enjoyed their Ugly Duck Red. And, this majestic decor:


Preserved here are my deep and well-researched thoughts about the wine offerings:



No comments:

Post a Comment