Friday, January 31, 2014

Solitude


The image above is my favorite card in the Tarot deck--the Four of Swords. It's a card that means rest and recuperation. It's an unusual card, because the Swords, as a suit, mean war, activity, conflict, change. But there is always the chance to step back and reflect.

I do see my life as filled with swords. I recently acquired a third job, and I'm happy about this! But it means many, many 12+ hour days bouncing from one job to the next. These jobs keep me active and on my toes.  I need to solve problems, and sometimes, I need to let myself be the bad guy when I put my foot down to someone aggressive.

I want an interesting, busy life, always. I'm proud to say I have this now. But the only way I can keep going is to take time for myself. Down time. Personal time. A Me Day, or some Me Days. Call it what you like, but there is one word I've never been afraid of: Solitude. I don't think it has to be a negative experience, and I know I've been pushing myself too hard for too long when I find myself craving it.

I crave solitude now.

So I am checking into a room in the Catskills for this weekend. I want to read, write, reflect, walk, and generally slow things down. I'm going to try not to do any social media stuff... We'll see.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment