Friday, July 4, 2014

July is Poetry Month

...for me, at least. A friend and I made a pact to participate in a writing challenge through a literary society.

And so, through online submission, we are committed to writing 10 new poems in the month of July. (My friend is nuts and also committed to writing three new fiction pieces throughout the summer. You Go Girl, but jeez, I cannot.)

I'm taking this a little further as well. I will only read poetry this month--no novels, no comics till August. Now that I've finished the new season of Orange is the New Black, I am committed to not binge-watching anything. NO MOVING PICTURES!

I started writing at midnight on July 1. I've sent in one submission. Let's go!

Sometimes I stare into the eyes of Sylvia Plath and try to think of the perfect words.

No comments:

Post a Comment