Sunday, January 4, 2015

Break. Time.

Having two mid-week holidays has really messed with my routine. But for the first time in a long time, I feel like I have had time.

I've tried to fill it up well.

Life is sooooo hard when you're in a cafe with someone you love, and coffee and tea, and a poetry lit mag, and nerdy podcasts, and yarn and crochet hooks. SO. HARD.
Learning to crochet. Crafting. Long walks on sunny days. Reading, reading, reading.



Sometimes I get frustrated as I try to learn something new in knitting or crochet, so I take a break to make a yarn octopus. Or, like, five yarn octopodes. 

Connecting with good friends who live far away, who inspire me to take myself on a date to see Wild. (Which I did. I cried and I cried and I was so happy to be in that theater by myself.)


Reconnecting to friends you haven't seen in a long time, but you pick up just where you left off...

Don't mind us, we're just sinking into the sand at Surf Bar in Williamsburg.


I made time for meeting new people, too, and it was all well-worth it.

I gave Jersey City another shot after a two-year break. My visit came on a dark, slushy day, but I was charmed.








Also accidentally stumbled upon the best cheesecake in Little Italy. Oh happy accident!



Tomorrow the weekly grind starts again. So, for now, goodbye to the break, and goodbye to the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment