Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Comfort/Discomfort

Winter Camp 2015

At this point in my life, I know the things I enjoy and where/when I am comfortable.

For instance, at a Makerspace night, using jewelry-making tools with friends:



Or at a panaderĂ­a, getting coffee and sweet bread before an evening program at work:




Or during a night out to dinner with friends and a little bit of wine.



Or, a lot of wine.


A weekend winter-camping with a group of teens for work is a bit out of my comfort zone.

Only a bit, because they're great kids who bring along a service project:




OK, and make me an early Valentine. It says, "Laura + Eggplant = LOVE." INDEED.


First full day at camp: an excursion after breakfast turns into a two-and-a-half-hour hike:














This is the conclusion of hike #1.

I wasn't going to go back out for more, but. Let's cut to the chase: Here is hike #2:









Winter Camp was cold, but there was something more uncomfortable waiting for me at home: This week I had three wisdom teeth removed.

I'm trying to make it easier on myself by getting delicious soft foods. Oof. We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment