Saturday, August 20, 2016

Literary Pilgrimage: State College, PA


I visited Penn State University for the first time this week. I am an online student through this school, but the program doesn't require me on campus.

I went apart from my MA program, to visit a friend who is active in the literary world there. She gave a reading at Webster's Bookstore Cafe and showed me the library and the art museum a.k.a. HEAVEN.

I made the drive alone so I could pull over to the side of the road and photograph things whenever I liked:



Made it into town just in time for a reading at Webster's, where Nicole was the featured writer:


 I... hadn't read a poem in public since high school, and it was a bad bad high school poem back then. But I did jump into the open mic at the end. I am still nervous and shaking:



 A misty morning in Coburn, PA:














Library straight out of Hogwarts:


The Pennsylvania Center for the Book is filled with poetry and graphic novels YOU GUYS:

ART YAY


I purposefully took a longer, winding route home. Scenes from the scenic route:







Crossing the Susquehanna River:






1 comment:

  1. Lovely pics! And lovely company! Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete