Monday, January 9, 2017

2017 So Far

I began this new year in a way I never have before: At a midnight meditation ceremony at a Buddhist temple.



 Obviously every year is different from the last, but this new year especially feels like it needs to be approached with caution. I came into it somber and aware.

My word for 2017: Efficiency



 On New Year's Day I spent some quality time with a friend shopping for yarn, took an hour's walk, then started my first new knitting project for a year.

After a midnight meditation on the concept of karma, it feels fitting to put time into a project for the HeartScarves program. Our actions an generosity make imprints on our own minds first, then ripple out into the world.


 Also in 2017: I am getting organized.


 And... well, resting. And reading.

Lastly, if you have a book-themed bridal shower, we are obviously friends for all the right reasons...







No comments:

Post a Comment