Thursday, June 15, 2017

the enormous waterfalls of the sun: Summer 2017


You don't want to hear the story
of my life, and anyway
I don't want to tell it, I want to listen

to the enormous waterfalls of the sun.
And anyway it's the same old story
a few people just trying,
one way or another,
to survive.

Mostly, I want to be kind.
And nobody, if course, is kind,
or mean,
for a simple reason.

And nobody gets out of it, having to
swim through the fires to stay in
this world.

-- Mary Oliver, from "Dogfish"


I've been working all the time and at odd hours. Why did I take on so much?

It doesn't matter, because I've still been walking every day, and reading every day. And seeing some beauty.

I have a new favorite trail, the Battery Loop through Harthshorne Woods Park. I first walked the loop by myself:












Summertime means: beach, coffee and donuts with my best gal pal, my sister. We had a lovely afternoon at Seven Presidents Park:



Broad Street Dough Co. is the everything.

A hike through the Pine Barrens (Wells Mills Park):










I have always appreciated the pace of life for turtles. And how they take their homes and safety with them as they move around the in world:


My love. And some guy I found:

A great way to unwind after hiking: Laurita Winery:




A nourishing day: Kaya's Kitchen in Belmar, boardwalk strolling, and sunset in Asbury Park.




Retreat places (Harthshorne) feel new when shared with friends:




Still, some days I refuse to drive at all. I feel lucky I can take walks through parks in my own town:

No comments:

Post a Comment