My resolution for 2017 was to read as much nonfiction as fiction, to get more facts in my life and more credible information about how the world works. ...And I did it!
Well, are poems nonfiction? Are graphic novels fiction? I DON'T KNOW.
With a week to go left in the year, I am reading my 64th book. Here's the breakdown:
Favorites of 2017
- The Mothers - Brit Bennett
- The Hired Man - Aminatta Forna
- SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome - Mary Beard
- The Underground Railroad - Colson Whitehead
- Sword Art Online: Aincrad - Art by Tamao Nakamura, original story by Reki Kawahara
- The Long Loneliness - Dorothy Day
- Berlin Calling: A Story of Anarchy, Music, the Wall, and the Birth of the New Berlin - Paul Hockenos
- Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body - Roxane Gay
- Empires of Light: Edison, Tesla, Westinghouse and the Race to Electrify the World - Jill Jonnes
- Displacement: Poems - Leslie Harrison